Home > 1700-1900 > American Revolutionary War > Unknown Soldiers of Fort Bellefontaine

This large red granite bolder marks the spot of re-internment for the unknown soldiers who were buried at the first US military post west of the Mississippi River. The Daughters of the American Revolution donated the marker and plaque to honor those men who had served in the remote outpost from 1808-1826 and were brought to Jefferson Barracks.

IMG_3286~0.JPG
     
1 files on 1 page(s)